In order to succeed with agile approaches, teams and organizations should focus first on “being agile” as a foundation for success in “doing agile.” Learning outcomes of this course delve into key concepts such as adaptive planning, value-driven development, team collaboration and frequent feedback for continuous improvement.
This is an immersive, hands-on session delivered by trainers who have years of experience implementing and coaching agile practices across IT and non-IT teams like business, marketing, finance and more. Session is equiped with pratical activities to simulate real time experiences focusing on team collaboration, alignment with customer and business value, and continuously improve.
During the session we take a very pragmatic approach to provide beadth of application of Agile principles and mindset. This allows teams to establish learnings suiting to their needs and allow them to unlearn old ways of working behaviors.
Who should attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Team members of IT teams and non-IT teams
- Business representatives
- Project managers within agile environment
- Team managers in agile development
- Agile Consultants looking for a solid grounding in agile development
- Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of Agile mindset
Below are the topics covered in this course
- The agile manifesto, values and principals
- Why a shift to agile is essential
- Developing an agile mindset
- Introduction to business agility
- Fundamentals of agile teams and incremental delivery
- Overview of different agile frameworks
- Role of leadership
- Collaboration and facilitation techniques
- Characteristics of high performing teams
- Managing work in agile teams
- Work prioritisation and estimation
- Continuous learning
Below are the learning goals for this course
- Identify key concepts of agility and demonstrate how agile practices can help organisations to excel by adapting to the agile mindset
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a typical agile team
- Learn how agile teams (both IT & non-IT), leadership, and other business domains collaborate to deliver business value
- Demonstrate how product backlogs can be managed and prioritised as per customer needs
- Learn about different famous agile practices and how can they help delivering quality products in different types of environments.
Provided by BAM
- Course workbook and handouts
- Agile Fundamentals (BAM-AFN) certification
Provided by Istek
- Istek attendee book
- Access to additional references for extended learning
- Membership to Istek ecosystem
- Access to Istek Mentoring Program
1300 229 892